Points to Remember:
• They're called "shapes" because each shape contains each of the 7 modes (each mode have a different tonality or musical feeling).
• There is one shape corresponding to each of the basic open chord shapes; C, A, G, E and D. That's why it's called the CAGED System.
• This is just a 'teaser' lesson to show why learning the 5 shapes is an excellent way to start mastering the guitar neck. To start actually learning the shapes, go to the individual lessons on each shape.
• About 6 minutes into the video I demonstrate how you can use the 5 shapes to play in a major feel (bright/happy), a minor feel (moody, sad) and a dominant 7 feel (bluesy/funky), while playing anywhere along the neck. Multiply by the 12 keys and that's a lot of musical possibility!
• Print the PDF documents (above), to get ready to start learning!