"Blackbird" (Paul McCartney/The Beatles)
• 6-line guitar TAB
• 5-line traditional score
• Chord grids
• Song format (arrangement)
• This classic from The Beatles' 1968 "White Album" is built largely on the interval of a "tenth."
• Maybe the trickiest part of the song is the "pick/strum" using a "pinch" of the bass note and upper note, followed by strumming with the first finger.
• Much of the song includes a droning open G string.
• In 2005, McCartney decided to write another song using tenths (like Blackbird), but in a darker mood, called "Jenny Wren."