Country Bop Lick
1) Chords, Part 1
2) Chords, Part 2
3) Solo: Chord Melody
• "Hey, Good Looking" backing track
(chords: C, D7, G; F)
• A classic little lick from early country music. Works over major chords.
• Based on the Major Pentatonic scale.
• Features one pull-off and a couple slides.
• Descending and ascending lines are almost the same.
• Try playing it to the "Hey, Good Looking" backing track, above.
• You slide from a Minor Third to a Major Third during the ascending line. (This is a common feature of bebop.)
• The lick sounds best in "swing tempo," which has a triplet (or "limping eighth note") feel: tum, ta-tum, ta-tum.