I Can't Help Falling In Love With You
• The first video shows the whole tune
• The second video shows you how to play it
Points to Remember:
• This arrangement is mostly a series of ascending and descending arpeggios. (An arpeggio is when you play the notes of a chord one at a time, rather than all at once, as in a strum. Some would say a "proper" arpeggio is when you don't skip any scale intervals, but that's a bit finicky.
• The song is in 6/8 time, which you can think of as, "1-2-3, 1-2-3."
• The picking will usually be 4, 3, 2, 1, 2, 3 (string numbers), or 5, 4, 3, 2, 3, 4; depending on where the root of the chord is.
• About the biggest jump is up to the F#minor chord on the 9th fret. the rest of the chords are pretty basic.
• Another techinque, used in the bridge, is "pinching." This is when you play 2 notes at the same time in a pinching motion.
• Try to sing in your most macho Elvis voice. 😉