Your first job: Learn the basic open chords!
Points to Remember:
• Try to keep your fingers standing up (perpendicular to the fretboard). this will help to keep from inadvertently damping the vibration of a string running under a finger that should be ringing.
• Play each string by itself. Only after the tone is clear and strong should you move on to the next string. If the tone is weak or muffled, figure out why and fix it.
• Place your finger a little behind the fret, not on top of it.
• Three, 15-minute practice sessions per day may be better than one 45-minute session.
• Progress may seem slow, but if you practice every day, each week and month you’ll be able to see real progress!