Play Major Scale On 1 String
Points to Remember:
• The major scale is the foundation of Western music. In case there's any mystery about it, you'll find that it's actually quite simple.
• You'll learn what a half step and a whole step is, and that the "formula" for a major scale is:
whole, whole, half, whole, whole, whole, half.
• It's important to remember that the half steps are between the 3rd and 4th notes of the scale, and the 7th and 8th notes. (The way I teach, it's essential that you memorize this. But hey, it's not too much to remember!)
• You can start on any note, folow this formula, and you'll get a major scale.
• This is also the foundation of "music theory." Music theory may sound scary, but I think it actually makes learning music much easier. Instead of learning all 12 keys, you only need to learn one!