• The song was released in 1969 and has been covered by many artists including Tina Turner.
• Just before changing to the next chord you can lift your fretting hand off the neck and just strum the open strings.
• The "trick" is to keep your arm swinging up and down, and feeling when to touch the strings and when to just pass over them.
• You can also do the "chuck" strum a couple times in the song.
• Sometimes the strum emphasizes the up beat ("&"). At first this may feel odd. It's known as "syncopation."
• Get your friend to sing harmony on the "rollin'" part!