Rolling In The Deep (Adele)
• First video below: Instruction
• Second video: Play-along sample
FULL PLAY-ALONG VERSION, JUST $1.99 !
Points to Remember:
• Almost whole song can be played with a 2-note 'power chord' (root and fifth, with no third).
• Strum for almost whole song is down strokes on the 2 bottom (lowest sounding), strings (E and A).
• Use 'palm muting' to get darker, percussive sound
• Tricky part of song is delaying switching to next chord on verses. Chord changes on "and of 1." (If too hard for you, just change on "1.")
• Besides normal verses and choruses, the format of this song is a bit unusual. There are variations I call "pre-chorus," "special chorus (1)" and "special chorus (2)."
• Adele drops the guitar on Verse 4
•Trivia: Adele called this song a "dark blues-y gospel disco tune."
• Trivia(2): Apparently, on the last line of the first verse Adele wrote, "I'll lay your shit bare," but for American TV she sings "ship," instead.