"Seven Come Eleven"(Charlie Christian Solo)
• Start slow and build up!
• Charlie Christian played with Benny Goodman only 2 years before dying of tuberculosis at age 25. Even so, he has influenced many, many players in many genres.
• Charlie was, together with Charlie Parker, Dizzy Gillespie and others, one of the first to play jazz in a style that would later be called "bebop."
• Many bebop licks slide into a major third from a half step below (the minor third).
• Charlie used a couple fast arpeggios in this tune.
• The song was co-written by Charlie and Benny Goodman and recorded in November, 1939. (You can easily find the whole tune on Youtube.)
• I love this. Hope you do, too!